Censius is a US-based product company that is enabling AI at scale for enterprises. We are unlocking MLOps scalability by building the world's fastest way to deploy models and are amongst the earliest companies to tackle Model Performance Management. At Censius, you will get to solve difficult problems in a very nascent, but rapidly growing, area.
What you will do
Working as an early-employee at a startup, you'll be responsible to help us drive product design decisions.
- Working on large scale machine learning challenges that impact millions of people around the globe
- Researching and implementing cutting-edge algorithms and implementing pipelines that work with massive data sets in real-time
- Working on a large variety of different tasks, ranging from prediction models, cluster algorithms, optimization problems, to outlier detection
- Implementing fast, scalable solutions with optimal performance day in and out
- This position will play a crucial role in the full product development lifecycle. Machine-learning is the core of our business, and the role will be responsible for all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Evaluate and validate the analyses with statistical methods. Also presenting this in a lucid form to people not familiar with the domain of data science / computer science.
- Writing specifications for algorithms, reports on data analysis, and documentation of algorithms.
Skills and attributes for success
- 5+ years hands on experience with Python, TensorFlow, Spark, Airflow, and SQL is important
- Strong programming background in 1 or more of Python, C/C++, R, Java, and knowledge of software engineering concepts (OOP, design patterns).
- Extensive experience with the development of data-science products from research to production
- Excellent coding skills with the attitude of clean code, reproducibility, and testing
- Experience with algorithms to handle sparse and large datasets across 1 or more modalities (audio, sensors, images, videos, text) would be a great asset
- A decent understanding of dashboards and SQL will help to develop and improve monitoring tools
- Excellent mathematical and skills and background in Drifts, significance tests, metrics evaluation, visualization, advanced probability concepts
It'd be nice if you have
- Experience in Design Thinking or human-centered methods to identify and creatively solve customer needs, through a holistic understanding of customer’s problem area
- Knowledge with Reinforcement learning and Optimisation problems on a large scale is a big plus
- Some experience in project management and mentoring is also a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying large-scale systems using distributed and cloud-based systems (Hadoop, Amazon EC2) is a big plus.
- Passion for developing data products from scratch and a high level of proactiveness
You will excel in this role if
- You are scrappy, take ownership, and follow through to the very end
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats
- A sincere desire to learn and grow - we're quite small, so the desire to learn and grow as the company grows is essential!
- Competitive Salary 💸
- Work Remotely 🌎
- Health insurance 🏥
- Unlimited Time Off ⏰
- Support for continual learning (free books and online courses) 📚
- Reimbursement for streaming services (think Netflix) 🎥
- Reimbursement for gym or physical activity of your choice 🏋🏽♀️
- Flex hours 💪
- Leveling Up Opportunities 🌱