Quality Assurance Engineer
Censius is a US-based product company that is enabling AI at scale for enterprises. We are unlocking MLOps scalability by building the world's fastest way to deploy models and are amongst the earliest companies to tackle Model Performance Management. At Censius, you will get to solve difficult problems in a very nascent, but rapidly growing, area.
Our engineering team is growing and we are looking to bring on board a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer who can look into designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics and look at the product from end user perception thus helping us build a zero-defect product. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches/releases to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Identify the redundant test processes and methods to uplift optimization using test automation frameworks. Our platform has the microservice deployment structure. Service level interaction follows both sync and async interfaces. The platform is 100% cloud-native and we use Envoy as a proxy (eventually will lead to service-mesh architecture).
● To come up with scenario based testing from the user perspective and identify the edge test cases to be considered.
● Maintain the test cases, release checklists, and iterate over sanity test cases just before each rollout. Only after the QA sign off does the product launch happen.
● As our product is data-science intensive, test cases should bethought-processed with a data oriented mindset.
● Understand the workflow of each service via documentation and perform step through testing whenever required.
● Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
● Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
● Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
● Write scripts to perform functional/non-functional testing whenever necessary.
● Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities, open defect counts, and priorities accordingly in the development cycle.
● Strong on test case maintenance, and documentation skills. As a remote team, we heavily rely on elaborate documentation for everything we areworking on. Well versed understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
● Implementation understanding of black box and white box testing to any system.
● 1+ years hands-on with any scripting/programming language (preferably python).
● 1+ years experience with Jmeter, or LoadNinja for performance/concurrency testing.
● Bonus: Prior experience with any automation tools (preferably Cypress)
● Bonus: Familiarity of AI/ML/DL based model monitoring and with concepts of MLOps.
You will excel in this role if
●You enjoy identifying bugs and are passionate about fluent user experience.
● You have a product mindset.
● You take ownership, collaborate, and follow through to the very end.
● Resonate with our core values of innovation, curiosity, accountability, trust, fun, and social good.
- Competitive Salary 💸
- Work Remotely 🌎
- Health insurance 🏥
- Unlimited Time Off ⏰
- Support for continual learning (free books and online courses) 📚
- Reimbursement for streaming services (think Netflix) 🎥
- Reimbursement for gym or physical activity of your choice 🏋🏽♀️
- Flex hours 💪
- Leveling Up Opportunities 🌱